Calibration

Hi Damien,
I have two calibrated screens, I have done print testing through my chosen lab and have printed across all the type of papers they offer.
I  then printed two sets one as per my configuration and profile I've set up in my ps with my colours space being srgb (I'm working through your course for raw)
and then at the request of the lab I've printed a set using their ICC profile.

My question both sets look different to my screen my screen is a lot more magenta than that of what's been printed.
Prints look the most similar to my profile is closest to screen except are still warmer and their icc is merky and warmer toned.

Im am so lost as to what I do next to get it correct

I printed a set of prints based on calibrating my screen and working through the raw class I wanted to make sure what I was working with was correct, I got the images back and they were super warm I then queried it with them and they send me a link to add their ICC Profile and requested I used that profile for accurate printing?
and then they also said I should be working in 16bit not 8bit ?

16 minutes ago, Karlie Kingi said:

their ICC Profile and requested I used that profile for accurate printing?

How did you "use" it?

16 minutes ago, Karlie Kingi said:

and then they also said I should be working in 16bit not 8bit ?

That's a load of crap.

I'm sorry it's bad news.

For a long time I had an article on my website about the Smile, because I bought one too (for testing purposes).  And it was so terrible that I wrote a strongly-worded article warning everyone not to buy it.

In my recent overhaul of the website I removed that article because I thought the Smile was safely in the past.  I didn't realise it was still haunting some people.

Hi Damien 

yes it finally came I ordered it just before our lockdown and arrived this morning super excited I got the Datacolor spyderx elite my plan is to tomorrow calibrate and then do a print test and then continue on with my learning with you :) 

No no no.  Do you think your lab will change the way they print just because one of their thousands of customers suddenly calibrated?  Of course not.  Prints are prints.  You don't need to get new ones afterwards.

The purpose of calibration is to make your screen match the prints you already have.  Not just the good ones either.  ALL your prints.