Hi my name is Tomas from sweden I just want to say thanks for a great site.

I have been searching the forums and trying to find a guide with information on the workflow from calibrating monitor to set all software and then send to print lab.

I´ve just got my first good monitor and my zrite calibrator and I understand what to do but i want some information on what to think of before sending the filte to print.

So if some1 know a guide or such in the topic i would be glad  otherwise i try to search for more info on the net .

thanks in advice and sorry for my bad english.  

/Tomas

Hi  ; )

Iam getting my new monitor and 1display tommorow and I have watched the tutorial at this site wich was real good.

I have 2 labs iam going to use.  Regarding lightrrom I dont see any downsides for me to use it. (but I allways copy files from camera to my NAS with my naming system and then have the top map of the hieraki imported/updated)

Regarding when u send for print to lab is there any need to use their soft proof file before or just trust the standard ICC profile?

So this is what to do ? plz fill in blanks if i missed something

1. calibrating monitor

2 set colorspace in LR and PS. (adobe rgb)

3 send to print lab

39 minutes ago, tomas said:

Regarding when u send for print to lab is there any need to use their soft proof file before or just trust the standard ICC profile

For your very first set of prints (before calibration) no, there is no need to use their profile.  Just stick to sRGB as normal.

40 minutes ago, tomas said:

1. calibrating monitor

2 set colorspace in LR and PS. (adobe rgb)

3 send to print lab

No, number 3 has to come first.  You can't calibrate until you have some prints from your lab.

It doesn't matter what prints they are.  They don't even need to be very good.  You just need to have them in your hand, so that you can check the calibration afterwards.

Ah ok thx and i read your post and even did a research on internet and Iam thankful for the info about the srgb since it seems to have lots of pits to fall into when using aRGB.

Ay first point It felt bad especially when my new monitor covers 99% or aRGB but when Iam thinking of it I dont "loose" anything since its the hardware calibration thats important and it will cover 100% of sRGB anyway.

I can undertand why this guy say he is gonne be hated but most people will understand if they get help/info and do some research from site like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLOO4twNsXoABk2iHK0y4vnFb6lFGYbeIe&v=20vQ0U_jxjc