SpyderX Capture Pro Kit

Hi Damien,

I have just been going through my first class with you- Bridge! And getting the calibration side of things rolling- and proud to announce my hubby and I officially became divorced from Lightroom today! I have a couple of questions and honestly I don't know where to post them, but here goes....

I am looking at the Datacolor SpyderX Capture Pro kit (happy to hear your thoughts on the other accessories if you have seen them) and was wondering are the extras in the kit worth the extra cash- or just fancy dust collectors... 

We are planning on upgrading to a new desktop for photo editing only (eg Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q) we currently have an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, (5120 x 2880) Late 2014) and wondering if it is worth it- will be see a much better accuracy by upgrading to a new setup? I guess we need to clean the Mac to get the cob-webs out so thats next on the list haha!

And I will surely bombard you in the coming months as I plough through all your classes! Cheers :)

8 hours ago, Jacinta B said:

proud to announce my hubby and I officially became divorced from Lightroom today

I'm very proud too.

I am looking at the Datacolor SpyderX Capture Pro kit (happy to hear your thoughts on the other accessories if you have seen them) and was wondering are the extras in the kit worth the extra cash- or just fancy dust collectors... 

I don't think they're worth the cash, no.  But if you have cash to splash, go for it.

We are planning on upgrading to a new desktop for photo editing only

I assume you mean a new screen?  Not a whole new desktop computer?

Yes purely looking at the difference in the screens, given our mac is 2014 will we see a massive improvement in colour and calibration accuracy if we had a pc with new monitor such as a Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q for now?, our taste buds are Eizo but our current budget is Dell !