Cropping and layers

Hi Damien- I am losing my mind 😳 I am halfway through bridge- just waiting on test prints and also working in your RAW class too. I have a client waiting on her images and I just cannot learn fast enough  and edit in time- I need to get some images to her ASAP and need to crop a couple - when I am in PS and done with my edit- do I just simply merge all layers and then Crop? I am terrified of stuffing it all up - I wish I could do your class full time! I have completely changed my whole edit process to follow you but learning time available is crippling me :( Of course I could just google this- but I know how you feel about that - and honestly I just want to follow you so I don't end up more confused 🤣 I have done the Marquee tool test and my crop comes in at 5300 x 3700 or there about, leaving me with 20280000 pixels (if I have calculated that correctly) and the other thing is- standard image sizes for print... thats a new one too. I used pixieset until now and NEVER even thought about it. I got the feeling I will be resending all my client galleries out again done "the Damien Way" 😳

1 minute ago, Jacinta B said:

when I am in PS and done with my edit- do I just simply merge all layers and then Crop?

Yep!  Have you saved the layered file as a PSD first?

2 minutes ago, Jacinta B said:

I have done the Marquee tool test and my crop comes in at 5300 x 3700

Fantastic!

3 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Yep!  Have you saved the layered file as a PSD first?

Fantastic!

hahahah!!! Oh my goodness- its a mess of adjustment layers, mask layers and smart filters - TOTALLY not Damien approved - I am too scared to touch it

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

No, it's not a quick class to take.

I think I just have to accept she will get a gallery that I will no doubt re edit one day soon :) The client is aware that I am completely changing the way I edit so I guess some now some later will have to be it! It has been great using a client gallery as learning files though!