Mac Desktop

JudyM

Hi Brian!

A recent thread in Damien's Facebook site reminded me to clean up my desktop again......I did delete a small number of screen shots etc and now I have everything on my Mac desktop set up as an Alias.  With two exceptions.  And neither has actually been set up by me.

One is called "Desktop--Judy's MacBook Pro" and appears to be the desktop items from my previous Mac....which were all set up as Aliases and which I can't open on this Mac although it does give me the option each time to "fix alias" or "delete alias".  Advice as to what to do with this folder?

The second one is called "G-utilities" and is from my external hard drive.  Can I set this up as an alias?  Or should I be moving it somewhere?

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 10.28.21 AM.png

I’ve never used the G-Utilities and have always opted to use the default utilities built into the Mac OS. I’d move them to your G-Drive or if they are a program that is installed, remove it from your Applications folder. Sorry I’m drawing a blank here, it’s been so long since I’ve thought about the G Utilities Folder. 

Aliases, since they aren’t doing anything, can you move them to the Trash and delete them?