I received an email that said this:

The i1Display 2 was discontinued by X-Rite in 2011 and will not work with any Mac OS after OS X 10.7.5.  X-Rite decided that they no longer wanted to be in the Photo and Video industry on March 1, 2021 and some investors that have been working with X-Rite for years have stepped in to form Calibrite. The same high-quality devices are still going to be manufactured for Calibrite by X-Rite.  The initial software applications were developed with X-Rite but Calibrite will transition to their own software development team going forward. 

So I am starting from square one.  

HI Damien,

I have two questions for you:

I bought a new calibrator.  No wonder my prints looked dark to you.  My display luminosity was at over 560 and I had to adjust it down to about 120.  I prefer a brighter display for my work and personal projects on the computer.  Can I adjust the luminosity brighter for my office work and adjust it back down when I do Photoshop or will I have to recalibrate each time I do that?

Also, when I use the noise removal tool until I don’t see noise, the faces/skin looks too touched up.  Can I dial that down some without having the noise?

Thank you.  I really appreciate you.  

I have two questions for you.  I bought a calibrator.  No wonder you told me so many of my photos were dark.  My monitor was at over 560 and I had to lower it to 120 "ish".  So I feel like the photos match the prints better, but when I do my office and personal work on my computer now, my screen is harder for me to see.  Would I be able to adjust the luminosity on my display for work and change it back when I do photoshop - or would I have to recalibrate each time I made the switch?

Also, the photos look really "touched up" on the faces when I remove noise until I can't see it.  Is there a way to dial that back without having noise?

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, pattyfhorne said:

I have two questions for you.  I bought a calibrator.  No wonder you told me so many of my photos were dark.  My monitor was at over 560 and I had to lower it to 120 "ish".

No, 120 is too bright.  Please follow my exact calibration directions here.