Nikon D750 Dimension Issue

LaurenG

Hello! I noticed that every once in a while my D750 image dimensions change. It seems random, every few photos. Normally photos are 6016x4016 but every once in a while it changes to 6016x3376. These are raw files without any processing done to them. I scrolled back through an older session on my camera and noticed a little FX sign disappears when this happens. No lens changes were made and I was using my newer tamron 24-70. I attached some screenshots. Any ideas what’s going on? Thank you!

Ah, your camera is switching back-and-forth between 16:10 and 16:9 Aspect Ratio. See this little switch here, the one that toggles between Movie Mode and Still Photos?

462400320_ScreenShot2021-10-25at8_44_12PM.png.ad2b384d65015be4930623ce2fad4d52.png

You might be bumping that switch. Also, do you use Live View a lot? Movie Live View Mode is 6016x3376 [L] resolution.

Bottom Line: There is nothing wrong with your camera and your Tamron lens has nothing to do with this issue. It's working as it should. I'm wondering if you are in Movie Mode using Live View.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1