Camera Raw/Culling

When saving a batch of photos after doing RAW edits in Camera Raw, can I go back and cull another session in Bridge while those photos are saving or would I disrupt the saving process?

You don't need to save as PSDs until you are actually ready to go into PS (and have done some work in PS). You can just click "Done" in ACR and your adjustments will be saved to XMP data so you can make adjustments later. 

And, though I'm not a Mac user, I don't believe you are suppose to save your files on directly to the desktop. Hopefully @Christina Keddie, @Brian, or one of the other admins that have more Mac experience can help. I'm also not sure if saving your images in such a way, on a Mac, would cause you trouble if you decide to open additional files to edit or to cull more in Bridge. 

I had no idea!  I wish I had... So I should just cull in bridge, do my raw edits in camera raw and then select done until I am ready to open them in PS?

You are correct @Samantha LaRue. The more crap you have on the Mac Desktop, the slower the thing runs. The Mac OS treats every file and folder on the desktop as an open window. In fact, the fastest way to speed your Mac up is to clear the desktop. 

• Like 1