Uncheck Delete Cropped Pixels

In relation to this article. Is there any danger in cropping right at the end of the workflow that involves creating the master PSD, but unchecking Delete Cropped Pixels? I find cropping requires a bit of care and precision and I want to save this in my master PSD. I’d rather not have to replicate the crop every time I want to create an output file unless of course I want to change the dimensions and even then I’d want the original crop as a starting point for any adjustments for the new output. If I uncheck Delete Cropped Pixels then I can go back to the original capture anytime right?

Sorry, when I say adjustments I mean crop adjustments (for instance, to extend for canvas). In the vast majority of instances my initial crop on first output needs to remain that way for subsequent outputs. I’m just trying to find a way to cut down on the step of having to make the same precise crop every time I output the same file. I want to save it somehow.

Ok, let’s give an example. I produce 50 low res images in 6x4 format for an event and share on social media. I crop a significant number of them. I then want to produce high res images in the same format to send to the event orgainser. I don’t want to have to go back and replicate the same exact crop manually across each image. That’s tedious. I want to save the original crop to use again.

No, it’s not been an issue previously, and no, small differences wouldn’t really matter too much but that’s not the issue I’m trying to avoid. I’m trying to avoid a repetitive manual process in my workflow.

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ok, let’s give an example. I produce 50 low res images in 6x4 format for an event and share on social media. I crop a significant number of them. I then want to produce high res images in the same format to send to the event orgainser. I don’t want to have to go back and replicate the same exact crop manually across each image. That’s tedious. I want to save the original crop to use again.

Ok, I understand.  Yes, turning off DCP would make sense in this case.

• Like 2