Laptop display showing as GENERIC PNP. Help!

Hi Brian,

I hope you're well.

I can't seem to work out why my laptop screen display is now showing as 'generic pnp monitor' (dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming).  I discovered this when i tried to calibrate my screen using my idisplay pro, and 'generic' was the only option to choose from (no other display types.  Maybe it was after my windows updates, as it wasn't like this prior?

So far I've gone down the google rabbit hole and tried to update and reinstall, plus taking the laptop to a computer guy who can't work it out. He did note that one of my hard-drives is toast, but the SSD is good.  Everything else seems to be working ok.

Thoughts please?  Thanks in advance.

Screenshot (774).png

Screenshot (775).png

Good to know it's not just me D.

But why has it changed to only generic, as I used to have all the options listed?  I also saw in the calibration instructions that generic may not yield the best screen calibration results.

Ok, thanks anyway.

I have no idea why  the options have disappeared.  I spoke to dell yesterday, and uninstalling and reinstalling windows updates did stuff all.

I've spent a week trying to sort this out, and my editing cannot wait.  Onward things must go.

You are going to have to get a driver from Dell or just deal with it. Try support.dell.com and have it do a scan and see if there are any driver updates. 

Hi Brian, thanks for you input :) 

I had already been to dell and scanned for the latest updates - all up to date.  I even called Dell support and they recommended reinstalling windows updates.  I had the same outcomes.

Yes, it looks like I'll just live with it.

Thanks again.