pc running slow since cc installed

Hi Brian,

I have an asus laptop less than a year old. I had cs5.5 installed and it ran with no issues and was fast too. Fast forward to downloading cc and its running so slowly it may as well be backward. I uninstalled cs5.5 and all associated programs (bridge and creative suite). Where do I start looking for what might be making this happen? Its driving me nuts.

150GB Free, that's your primary problem. Windows 8.1 can also be a royal pain in the ass, so make sure your Windows Updates are current. I'd try a program like using the free version of CCleaner and see if you can free up any space.

Scratch Disks. Temporary cache files, etc. As you use PS, it utilizes space on the HD for performance. In addition, the fuller the HD is, performance takes a hit. What I would do is move your data files over to the D: Drive and leave the C: drive for the Operating System and programs. That's why you have two hard drives in your laptop. ;) 

It is also possible that some sort of Windows update came through or some other update with PS, and that's the reason for your issues. So yes, run a cleaner program and see what it does for you. Good Luck!