dell U2722D

Hi Damien! I'm having a heckuva time calibrating my new Dell U2722D. I have a spyder X elite and even ordered new prints from a different printer to troubleshoot. No vivid or oversaturated colors in these prints. With all of them, I can't seem to find the sweet spot where all the colors are close enough..... But before I settle on a compromise, can you please tell me if any of the following point to larger problems?

--Documentation says this monitor is W-LED so I've been checking that box

--every time I open the software it only has my old monitor in the dropdown box

--it doesn't recognize the new monitor and only offers me "generic" despite the fact that I have the monitor-specific driver (another thing I thought might help)

--when checking the calibration prints, things look much different in bridge than in the spyder software--this is my biggest concern!!!

Despite the above issues, I'm creating profiles and can switch between them so on that front spyder is doing what it's supposed do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I was going to start tomorrow by deleting/reinstalling so thanks!  Hopefully this will help. And hopefully I won’t have to uninstall/reinstall between every damn tweak….

🙏 

Hi again, I uninstalled and reinstalled the spyder software and it seems to be working as it should, except for the fact that in the "spydertune" view things look very different from how they look in bridge/photoshop. Photos opened in windows explorer look like the bridge/photoshop version. I checked my color spaces, looked for things amiss in the graphics drivers, everything is updated, do you have any idea why I'm seeing this discrepancy? Should I just pay attention to what I'm seeing in bridge/photoshop?

in this screenshot the spyder version is a pretty close color match to my prints while the bridge version is insane.

Screenshot_1.jpg

I have tried a bunch of files but they’re all from the same recent batch, when I get home I’ll open some older files just to check, though I doubt they’ll be any different :( 

Problem is definitely not limited to this batch of photos. In just a few old sooc jpegs photos it's less noticeable, but I suspect that has more to do with the darkness and lack of saturation in those photos than with them being immune to whatever the hell is going on. Any ideas? I guess I should reach out to Spyder....

I got it to a useable place for now, but I need to try again for better. Had to step away from the task because I was ready to throw things out the window.....

I've been using "wide led" because that's what the documentation says, but I think maybe it's one of those "in between"s you mentioned on facebook yesterday. U2722D--do you think I should try the regular setting?

Thanks for checking in :)

On 4/30/2022 at 7:17 PM, Jbasya said:

Hi again, I uninstalled and reinstalled the spyder software and it seems to be working as it should, except for the fact that in the "spydertune" view things look very different from how they look in bridge/photoshop. Photos opened in windows explorer look like the bridge/photoshop version. I checked my color spaces, looked for things amiss in the graphics drivers, everything is updated, do you have any idea why I'm seeing this discrepancy? Should I just pay attention to what I'm seeing in bridge/photoshop?

in this screenshot the spyder version is a pretty close color match to my prints while the bridge version is insane.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Did you ever find something to solve this? I am at a re-calibration and am in the same boat. U2722d.  

hi there

I think the issue for me was my graphics card, which started failing (blue screen errors) while I was still trying to sort out the calibration. wound up getting a new laptop... sorry I can't be more helpful