Jump to next slide >>

One super-important preference setting

I'll be devoting the whole second module to Preference settings, but there's just one preference that's so important it can't wait.

I need you to press Ctrl K (PC) or Cmd K (Mac) to open Bridge's Preferences window, then go to the "Interface" section and immediately adjust the "Scaling" setting:

temp.thumb.png.e2fe8bc431e94aec183d052e02e0f9b6.png  firstpref.thumb.png.1fc392b5295b01a27eaf0827e2eac39b.png

• For most screens, the "Small" or "100%" setting is the best one.
  • However, if you have a super-high resolution screen (eg Apple Retina) you might need to choose "Large" or 200%.
  • The newest version of Bridge also offers an in-between setting, which can be handy if you have an in-between size screen.

Unfortunately you have to quit Bridge then relaunch it to see your change, and decide if it works for you.

We don't want all the text to be so small you can't read it ... but we also don't want the text to be so big that there's no room on the screen for photos!  So generally I advise you to choose the smallest setting that you can still comfortably read.

(Some people don't have the Scaling setting at all.  This either means that your computer's graphics capabilities are very basic, or very old, or not updated recently.  Whatever the reason, it's not particularly problematic for Bridge, so you don't need to worry.  However, it might mean you have trouble running some advanced features in Photoshop.)

Let's look around >>

• Like 1
On 6/2/2022 at 3:31 PM, Damien Symonds said:

Sorry, yes, the older versions of Bridge didn't have it.

I don't have it either and I just downloaded it. I believe I have the most up to date PS and im running a MacBook Pro. should I sort this out?