Jump to next slide >>

The menus

Across the top of the screen are the menus, of course. You won’t have much need for these in your day-to-day work, because most of what we do is with mouse clicks or keyboard shortcuts. But there are a few important ones that we’ll be discussing later in this class.

bridge03.thumb.png.380267edceefe92d7db101d2e52a4b20.png

The panels

Like Photoshop, everything on the screen is re-arrangable. The “CONTENT” panel (whose tab I’ve circled in orange) must always stay on the screen, but it doesn’t always have to be in the middle. All the other panels (green) can be open or closed as you wish, and you can drag them around by their tabs.

tabsnew1.thumb.png.8b63eecd0954052667378dff9c3bffd3.png

Resizing panels

All the panels can be resized exactly how you want them. Just hover your house over the border between panels, and you'll see your cursor change:

temp.png.92e24d93bc5baeb76311e4a4f2fb3d4f.png

While the cursor is changed, you can click and drag to resize the panels.  Try it now and see!

What the panels are for >>

• Like 2

All is good until I get to this screen.  I am not able to access any of my photos from my iMac on the newest PSE.  Nor can I drag my folders from Photos over into favorites. Your photos seem to have appeared automatically.  Very frustrating..

3 hours ago, dptolemy said:

All is good until I get to this screen.  I am not able to access any of my photos from my iMac on the newest PSE.  Nor can I drag my folders from Photos over into favorites. Your photos seem to have appeared automatically.  Very frustrating..

Don't worry, we'll get to that.  Keep reading.