Plugin Error OpenCL

Jenny_11

Hi. I was able to run these plugins for a few days, and now I am getting errors. Initially, I got an OpenCL error when working with the plugin and had to change the value of the attribute ailayersFlags to 1. I have been cleaning, downloading, uploading, uninstalling, and spending WAYYY too much time on YouTube. I am at a loss. Why would they stop working? I have attached screenshots of my errors and  computer health. Any advice?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.40 GHz

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

556 GB of 930 GB available

I have a PC desktop running Windows 10

Photoshop 20.06.

It has 16GB of RAM.

Its hard drive has 556GB free out of 930GB.

The last time I shut down was today.

I run a cleanup program about once a week.

Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Device Details
  NVIDIA
Video Processor
Provider NVIDIA
Version 26.21.14.4106
Date 10/20/2019
Adapter DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
Availability Running at full power
Status This device is working properly.
Location PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

update openCL.JPG

Error.JPG

Honest answer? I have no idea. I'm thinking it's your Video Card's Drivers that might be the culprit. You may want to see if there are any updates for it, but it looks like the last driver was dated in 2019, so it's been "Orphaned." That said, the NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 was a really low-end graphics card when it was new so you may not be able to get it working with a program that was made in 2022.

If this is a laptop, you are looking at a new laptop. If this is a desktop, you are looking at a new video card and possible power supply upgrade. Either way, it's not going to be cheap.

This is a slippery slope. Are you prepared to spend $1000? The video card that I recommend price has dropped, but it’s still around $650. Plus the cost of the power supply and possible installation costs. I’d also need to know the exact model of your motherboard to see if the card would actually work. Is this a off-the-shelf store-bought name brand desktop or is your computer a computer build of some sort?

Hi. I guess I needed to do something. I appreciate your willingness to give me advice on making a wise decision.

It was a build of some sort. My motherboard did crash in 1999 and a work friend of my husband replaced it and fixed it up.

Motherboard? Samsung 860 EVO https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-1TB-860-SATA-2-5IN/dp/B078WST5RK

9 hours ago, Jenny_11 said:

Motherboard? Samsung 860 EVO

No, that's a hard drive. That's storage. :)

ANY of those computers that you linked to would work nicely with Photoshop CC.

As far as your monitor, the Dell U2412M is an excellent monitor, but it's getting up there in age. That said, it should be still usable, you'll just need a DisplayPort to DVI Cable to use with the NVIDIA 3070 Card that is installed in all three of those computers. The issue is, the two main ports are HDMI and DisplayPort in 2022/2023, DVI isn't around anymore. The good news is DisplayPort has all sorts of adapters/cables to attach to the older style ports.

I could recommend an NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB Card, and a EVGA 750 Watt Power Supply but it sounds like your computer is a few years old. Spending $800+ in parts and a few hundred in labor to install it, when for $600 more, you can get a modern PC. See what I mean?

Thanks Brian. I agree, it's time to upgrade to a modern PC. If anything, my current machine will be used as insurance should my new one have a hiccup.

I would really like to get more memory than 16GB. I'm leaning towards the Dell I linked, but I am not confident I  have all the specs correct. Can you double check it? This whole Windows 11 home vs pro? And the Nvidia listed says 3080 not 3070?

• processor

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700 processor (12-Core, 25MB Cache, 2.1GHz to 4.9GHz)

• laptop

Windows 11 Home, English

• videocard

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080, 10 GB GDDR6X

• memory

32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR5, 4400 MHz; up to 128 GB (add'l mem sold separately)

• harddrive

1 TB, M.2, PCIe NVMe, SSD

• fallbackcolor

750W Platinum Silver Bezel Chassis including optical drive

• ports-blk.svg

Ports & Slots

Suggestions on their offers for their Security Software Mcafee ?

And level of Warranty & Support I should consider?

*if I should add a new monitor and use my old set up as insurance. Do you have a recommendation?

Plz leave your paypal where I can leave a donation for your time. :) Ty.

1 hour ago, Jenny_11 said:

And level of Warranty & Support I should consider?

I’d pick 2 years Warranty Coverage if going with the Dell. Honestly? McAfee just gets in my way and is usually the first thing I un-install. 

As far as a new Monitor , any Dell IPS 27” that has 2560x1440 resolution is fine. Do not get a 27” Display that is 1920x1080 resolution! For a computer monitor, that resolution works for displays that are 24” and smaller.  Here is a monitor that I would purchase. 

That first Dell XPS is fine. Don’t over-think. I will check out the other one, brb. 

You want a 1TB Drive AT A MINIMUM FOR YOUR MAIN DRIVE!!!

Don't get suckered into getting a small main drive with a second HD. You can add a second HD yourself for $50:

Western Digital 1TB WD Black Performance Internal Hard Drive HDD - 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD1003FZEX  

Anything less than 1TB for a Main Drive and I will guarantee you will be in this forum bitching about how Photoshop’s Scratch Disk is complaining about lack of space on your brand new computer. Save yourself the aggravation. ;) 

Bottom Line: That Silver Dell XPS is perfect and all I would do is upgrade the Warranty to 2 Years. I’d also see if you could get Windows 10 installed for now. Downgrading is fine, and you will be able to upgrade to Windows 11 in 2025. 

Edit: 32GB is fine for a computer today. Unless you have a really high MP camera that creates large Raw files. Then I’d look towards 64GB or more. But you can always upgrade it later if you need to. Stick with the 32GB for now and if you need more, we will jump off that Bridge when we get to it. 

• Like 1

Hi Brian. Just double checking on that sliver dell. 

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080, 10 GB GDDR6X ?? IS this graphic card better or comparable to the one you recommend?

ANd your link to the monitor you would purchase doesn't take me to the correct place.

I appreciate all your time and your advise.

Jen :)

13 hours ago, Jenny_11 said:

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080, 10 GB GDDR6X ?? IS this graphic card better or comparable to the one you recommend?

The 3080 is just the next level up from the 3070. Both are overkill for Photoshop. So either.

13 hours ago, Jenny_11 said:

ANd your link to the monitor you would purchase doesn't take me to the correct place.

Sorry about that. I created that comment when I was on my phone. Looks like the link didn't paste.

Dell 27-inch QHD 1440p (2560 x 1440) IPS Ultra-Thin Bezel Monitor

OK, I just checked that Silver Dell XPS. That one is perfect. It looks like Dell isn't offering Windows 10 anymore, which is fine. There is only one change I made that configuration, and that's bumping up the Warranty to 2 years for an extra $199. Here is what the specs look like for me:

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.21.55 PM.png

Here is the change that I made; it's in the middle column, which is the Premium Support Column / (Dell Recommended) for $199 extra:

280419255_ScreenShot2022-09-26at8_22_16PM.thumb.png.58ee5352d9d69613daebb18f533db851.png

Thanks, Brian. I was on the phone with one Rep ordering/asking questions trying to customize it a little. And towards the end of our call, when I was about to pull the trigger, we got disconnected. I had to start over with the next rep and was like, screw it, upgrade to the 64 GB and the processor to Intel K. I Ended up with Windows 11 pro, and I can't remember why. Added the 2yr protection. No mouse, no keyboard. And I put the brakes on with the monitor while I breathe into a paper bag. I will get that recommended adapter for my current monitor and slow my roll for a little. The way technology is rolling, I didn't want to be in the same jam a few years down the road struggling with a 32 GB. I hope and pray I made the right decisions.

Thanks for your advice.  Here are the Specs—$ 2,932.64 before tax.

Video Card     NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080, 10 GB GDDR6X

Processor       12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700K (25 MB cache, 12 cores, 20 threads, 3.60 to 5.00 GHz Turbo)

Operating System     Windows 11 Pro, English

Memory 64 GB, 2 x 32 GB, DDR5, 4400 MHz; up to 128 GB (add'l mem sold separately)

Hard Drive     1 TB, M.2, PCIe NVMe, SSD

Hardware Support Services 2Y ProSupport for PCs NextBusinessDay OnsiteService after RemoteDiagnosis-for business

October 10 is the estimated delivery. I'll add the monitor to my wish list 😉

Hopefully, now, my 3rd party plugins will work, and I can batch edit with ease.

Edited by Jenny_11

On 9/27/2022 at 8:12 AM, Jenny_11 said:

Ended up with Windows 11 pro, and I can't remember why.

That's actually a good thing. It's the "Full Version of Windows." In reality, it's more for Nerds like myself or if you use the computer to log into a Work/Business Network. I know that most folks won't care about such things, BUT!!!, when it comes to troubleshooting / fixing Windows, the Pro Version stays out of your way!! It's the Home Versions that have stupid Wizards for everything and it takes three times as long to fix something if you need to. It's worth having and I'm actually glad you got the Pro Version.

The rest of the computer is fine, and 64GB is good to have. If needed, we can always add a second HD down the line if you need storage; it's not terribly difficult to add a second HD. A 1TB Internal Drive today is cheap. Like $49.99 cheap. LOL! But we will jump off that bridge when we get to it.

Enjoy your purchase.