Converting to CMYK for print

Nothing as yet, I'm still waiting for them to get back to me.  I think there are a few links in the chain so I expected it to take a little time but thanks for reminding me, I'll chase it up.

• Like 1

Hi Damien,  I've (finally) had a response back from the printers via the people I deal with.  To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to make of it...

"We print to the values in the file, if Cary is adding ICC or any other profile I would suggest her not doing this as this will alter how the file is read by the Rip. I can understand if she does this to make her own prints sending to a home printer to compensate for colour but please remove any colour tags and make sure she is happy with the image with any profiles removed."

I'm guessing that there's no answer to this, other than to point them towards your classes?

Surely the values in the file are there because of the profile?  How would you go about stripping out a profile anyway?  Not that I'm about to, I'm just trying to make sense of what they're saying as I can't find any option in PS that does that.