General Bridge Issues?

Damette

I've commented on threads before about Bridge issues I have been experiencing since replacing my laptop and I figured I'd try again.  The biggest change is how I've been transferring my photos to my externals.  The "new" MacBook Pro is all USB-C ports, so I have an adapter into an adapter for transferring images from my SD card. On my old computer I could do multiple tasks of "copy to" my externals at once and it was generally fairly fast.  I can only copy one set at a time now. I've been assuming that the adapter adapter computer situation is what is causing it to be slow, but it doesn't explain why I can only transfer one set at a time or why I am trapped waiting for it. Bridge just seems to run completely differently on this computer and I don't know if this was part of the new update?

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 2.17.56 PM.png

What? No, cancel that nonsense, and just copy them directly to your internal hard drive where they're supposed to be.

If that still takes three hours, then you know the reader is the problem.  But if it's faster, then you know the external hard drive is the problem.

I'm sitting here just DYING to edit and staring. The secondary card transfers much faster to the computer but I forgot to check if I had both cards before heading out today. So I'm stuck waiting. It won't even let me open ACR.

1 hour ago, Damette said:

The "new" MacBook Pro is all USB-C ports

Here is the funny thing with Mac Books, some of those USB-C Ports are Thunderbolt Ports, which are faster, and the other side are slower USB-C Ports. Usually the left side is Thunderbolt. To get the speeds you are after here are the ingredients:

1. A FAST SD Card. Such as this one: SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC Memory Card
  2. A True Thunderbolt Card Reader with a direct cable. No adapters. Here is one: Angelbird SD Dual Card Reader
  3. Software that supports "Ingesting." Otherwise you are doing the tried-and-true method, which is copy / paste each card to a specific folder on your EHD. (This is what I do.)
  4. Finally, a Thunderbolt External Drive, such as this 12TB Thunderbolt G-Drive. The cool part with that G-Drive is you can hook your card reader directly to it (Daisy Chain) to help save a Thunderbolt port. 

I'm on the right side today. That explains so much. I do have a UHS-II SDXC card that I am using but hadn't invested in a direct adapter yet since I prefer to transfer off my express cards instead normally. I guess I'll have to now cause this was pure torture today. I do number 3 as well so all that's left is getting that better external. I'll have to put it on the list of future investments. Any chance you know why bridge is only allowing me to transfer one day at a time? Before the update, I could select each day and transfer to different folders on my external all at the same time. Now I am locked into the screen waiting for it to copy. 

On 12/26/2022 at 7:25 PM, Damette said:

Any chance you know why bridge is only allowing me to transfer one day at a time?

Because Adobe likes pushing out software for its users to Beta-Test? :D

I'd revert back to an older version. Having the latest-and-greatest Adobe Product isn't all that it's cracked up to be. But the FOMO is strong and the Creative Cloud Products have people convinced they need 3-4 different versions of Photoshop / Bridge in one year.

• Like 1