On 5/31/2022 at 2:03 AM, Damien Symonds said:

Jump to next slide >>

One super-important preference setting

I'll be devoting the whole second module to Preference settings, but there's just one preference that's so important it can't wait.

I need you to press Ctrl K (PC) or Cmd K (Mac) to open Bridge's Preferences window, then go to the "Interface" section and immediately change the "Scaling" setting to "Small" or 100% (depending on your version) if it isn't already.

temp.thumb.png.934d65b23ae3a8af2baa4d86b9a73b16.png  firstpref.thumb.png.1fc392b5295b01a27eaf0827e2eac39b.png

However, if you have a super-high resolution screen (eg Apple Retina) choose "Large" or 200%.

Then press Okay to close that window, then quit Bridge and re-launch it.  Now we're ready to continue.

(Some people don't have the Scaling setting at all.  This either means that your computer's graphics capabilities are very basic, or very old, or not updated recently.  Whatever the reason, it's not particularly problematic for Bridge, so you don't need to worry.  However, it might mean you have trouble running some advanced features in Photoshop.)

Let's look around >>

1 hour ago, Licia Murrell said:

I had been using Bridge CS4 for years and just tried to open Bridge 2023.  It will not open at all.  I tried restarting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling etc.  Nothing is helping.  I have a Dell Windows 10.  Any advice?

Does it give you an error message?

I have a PC laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 and Photoshop 2023. It is over 4 years old, and has 16GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 465GB free out of 335GB. The last time I shut down was last night. I  ran a cleanup program a couple of years ago.

11 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Of course this can't be right.  Can you confirm?

Sorry I swapped the numbers.

465 GB.  335 used.  129 available.

Also, I see that the older versions of PS are still on my drive (PS 2021).  Can I delete these without any trouble with PS 2023?

30 minutes ago, Licia Murrell said:

Bridge will still not open.  I have opened up more storage and uninstalled and reinstalled Bridge.  I will keep playing with it.

It's very strange.  I am trying to open it from the app on the website (from my account).  It will not open there either, however photoshop opens from the web account without a problem.

22 minutes ago, Licia Murrell said:

It's very strange.  I am trying to open it from the app on the website (from my account).  It will not open there either, however photoshop opens from the web account without a problem.

And in Photoshop, if you go to the File menu and choose "Browse in Bridge" ... nothing there either?

15 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

And in Photoshop, if you go to the File menu and choose "Browse in Bridge" ... nothing there either?

Nothing.  I have room on the computer for it but will still move files out.  I have researched it online and still no progress.

I am home from school not feeling great but good enough to work on the computer.  I updated drivers and I CAN OPEN BRIDGE!!! Yay!  Now I can learn the course.

10 minutes later - I closed everything to make sure it would start and False alarm.  It won't again.  I don't know what is going on but I will have to call Adobe.

• Sad 1