Macbook Pro Retina Display Issues

Roleen

Question

Hi

I hope this question is okay to ask here.  Do you perhaps know if the issue with the Retina displays has been sorted?  I'm talking about the 100% view in Adobe Photoshop of say a 200px x 300px image that displays so small you cant work on it at 100% or determine if the overall sharpning of a photo is adequate.  I know the 2016 Macbook Pro is due, but I'm hesitant to get one if the problem is an Apple problem and not an Adobe one that they will fix with an update.  Actually I think I sound stupid with that last sentence. I know, suspect rather, Adobe will have to fix things on their side?  But I'm not that thecnical to know all the details and what that would imply or if a "fix" like that is even possible so soon in the game.. Obviously Retina is the (and I use this term lightly) future, but how do we adapt?  I'm all for progress and change and I do love the Retina even if I don't necessarily know if it is needed at a consumer level, but I sure love my Blue Ray player and Hi Def Tv and would of hated if we got stuck with VHS and those old box tv's.  Anyway, I hope some of this makes sense and if you could guide me a little in understanding what our options is concerning this.  I understand there is a switch to make your computer apparently work in low def for editing... But I sure hope that isnt their solution tot the problem... I mean come on... 

Cofused

2 answers to this question

Your question does make sense and unfortunately, I have no idea. Apple blames Adobe for various issues and Adobe blames Apple. Of course, the end-users are stuck in the middle. 

What I think is happening, is Adobe hasn't completely figured out Apple's graphics drivers and that's the source of the issue. Combine that with the ultra-high resolution of a Retina Display and we have the end result you are taking about. 

Using the current version of PS CC will probably yield the best hopes of a resolution, along with using MacOS Sierra. I know, "Duh! That's just a Hyperbole statement, but it's the only thing that I have to give you. 

I will move this thread to the Land of Misfits. Maybe someone else can help out. 

14 hours ago, Brian said:

Your question does make sense and unfortunately, I have no idea. Apple blames Adobe for various issues and Adobe blames Apple. Of course, the end-users are stuck in the middle. 

What I think is happening, is Adobe hasn't completely figured out Apple's graphics drivers and that's the source of the issue. Combine that with the ultra-high resolution of a Retina Display and we have the end result you are taking about. 

Using the current version of PS CC will probably yield the best hopes of a resolution, along with using MacOS Sierra. I know, "Duh! That's just a Hyperbole statement, but it's the only thing that I have to give you. 

I will move this thread to the Land of Misfits. Maybe someone else can help out. 

What a conundrum... Thank you so much Brian. Guess we'll just have to have faith and hope they figure it out soon.