Windows 7 or 10?

Tabatha

Hi,

I just purchased the XPS 8900, it came with Windows 7 installed but it's offering a free upgrade to Windows 10. I've heard horror stories regarding Windows 10 and a little nervous to upgrade. Would you upgrade or leave it with Windows 7? Thanks!

Various computers in our house are running Windows 10, and it's been great for us on all of them - no problems at all.

However, my main editing computer is W7, and like you, it's offering me the upgrade.  And I'm resisting it.  Everything is working perfectly on that computer, and that computer is SO important to me, so I'm not willing to change anything just for change's sake.

That's just my two cents.  This isn't even my section, I'm not supposed to be replying here :D

• Like 3

Haha!! Ok thanks, I was thinking the exact same thing. I had Windows 7 on my previous computer and never had any issues. This is my only computer, so I was a littler worried about breaking something that wasn't broken to begin with. Thanks for the insight!!

Stick with Win 7 if you have it. Win 10 still has quirks, though it's much better than Win 8/8.1. 

Since you you are licensed for Win 10, you can upgrade any time. It's not like the free version, where that offer ends in July 2016. (I think.)