PDF ok for printing

I am about to send a design off to my local sign writer so that it can be printed and put on the side of my car.  They’re asking for the design (which contains a number of photos) to be submitted as a PDF.  Is there any difference in print quality between a high quality  JPG and a PDF? 

Hi Wally, this is a very good question.

Does the design only contain photos?  If so, then no, there's no difference between a jpeg and a pdf.  In fact, your photos will simply be jpegs inside the pdf.

But if there are other elements - eg text or logos - then PDF is crucial.

https://www.damiensymonds.net/2010/05/making-pdfs-from-photoshop.html

The design is only photos.  

This is all they have told me.

ARTWORK: Print Ready Artwork to be Supplied by Client. Accepted Formats are PDF with Text converted to outlines and 3mm Bleed required to all sides. Any Graphic Design Required will be Charged at $100 per hour + gst. PROOF: Yes - Online TURNAROUND: Standard (5+ Days) PRINT Full Colour Print 1440dpi on Agfa UV Flatbed x 1”

Sounds like I might need to ask a few more questions. 

I keep getting an unknown server error when uploading.  Is there a limit on file dimensions etc?  I'm only trying to upload a 3.2mb version but it is 222cm by 22cm

I'm actually not 100% sure what that means.  I assumed it may result in me losing 3mm around the edge of the print which really won't change a lot.  Or will it?

5 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

It'll need to be 222.6 x 22.6 cm.

They literally print it this size, then cut off the extra 3mm all around.  It's standard printing procedure.

If you don't provide that size, they'll enlarge your file, then print then cut.  So you'll lose the edges of your photos that you want to keep.  That's why you need to give them the extra.