Shirt trouble

MSweeney

Hey Damien -

I just got my headshots done and didn't realize that my shirt had climbed up a bit in some of them. There's about 10 to fix but showing my middrift is a no for me post 2 kids. What would be the best method to fix? I tried carefully cloning the shirt from above but it just makes me look heavier. 

I asked the photographer for permission to edit that concern and she approved. 

michelle-cellucci-photography-002.jpg

Oh, nothing to it.  Just use your rectangle marquee tool to select your whole stomach area (up to your lower bust) and Ctrl J it onto its own layer.  Then convert that new layer to a smart object, then reduce its opacity to 50% while you enlarge it enough to cover the bare patch.

temp.thumb.jpg.5a602cda34076e5f98017e752e0cf79c.jpg

Then return to 100% opacity, and mask it in.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Oh, nothing to it.  Just use your rectangle marquee tool to select your whole stomach area (up to your lower bust) and Ctrl J it onto its own layer.  Then convert that new layer to a smart object, then reduce its opacity to 50% while you enlarge it enough to cover the bare patch.

temp.thumb.jpg.5a602cda34076e5f98017e752e0cf79c.jpg

Then return to 100% opacity, and mask it in.

I am attempting nd just a bit confused. When you say mask it in, do you mean create a layer mask on the new layer and using a black brush, mask off what I don't need? ( this is different photo but assuming the same method )  

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 6.52.42 PM.png