< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

Display and Technology Type

The software should already know the name of the screen you're calibrating.  In this demonstration I'm using an ASUS laptop, but its screen is manufactured by Samsung, and Calibrite automatically knows this.

What it doesn't necessarily know is the technology type of your screen.  By default the drop-down menu beneath the screen name will be set to "White LED":

CCDM-01.thumb.png.ecf775be2f632392875d50a2dba05355.png

White LED is the most common screen lighting technology in the marketplace, but as you can see, it's definitely not the only one.  You must do some research to confirm what yours is.  I suggest starting at the manufacturer's website, but sometimes you'll need to do broader googling.

Trouble is, it can be a darn hard piece of info to uncover.  If you need my help please feel free to post in the comments below; but if both of us are stumped, you'll need to follow Calibrite's advice and leave it on "White LED", and hope for the best.

Match to >>

I have an iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) - and I can't find any specification on which LED the montior has... White LED, RGB LED, OLED, GB LED. Any insight?