Calibration on mirrored PC monitors

Good afternoon Damien.

I use a BenQ monitor to edit my work, and have a Sony Bravia TV connected to the same PC at all times. I use the TV to mirror my monitor for client ordering sessions. I have calibrated both screen individually using the x-rite iProfiler display. I have achieved a near perfect result on the BenQ, which I'm happy about. The Sony one isn't as accurate but that's ok because I do not use it to edit. While carrying out the calibration process, I have set the displays to 'extend' over both screens so that I can place the calibration software on the relevant screen for the calibration process.

My problem is, that as soon as I revert the displays to 'duplicate' (so I can mirror my monitor for the clients on TV) - I lose the calibration profile completely and my BenQ does not represent true colour anymore. 

What's the solution to this? I appreciate your time

Sarah

Thank you! I will read the article now and work on a solution.

I am encountering another issue though on my BenQ since calibration. The images look very different in colour in Bridge, to the way they look in Photoshop. They are RAW files, (CR3 - Canon R5) and in Bridge they appear a very dull, muted grey, and look more accurate in ACR/Photoshop. I noticed this change as soon as I calibrated the screen for the first time.

9 hours ago, Sarah Blink said:

I am encountering another issue though on my BenQ since calibration. The images look very different in colour in Bridge, to the way they look in Photoshop. They are RAW files, (CR3 - Canon R5) and in Bridge they appear a very dull, muted grey, and look more accurate in ACR/Photoshop. I noticed this change as soon as I calibrated the screen for the first time.

That sure is odd.

Is the BenQ screen both the Number 1 screen, and the "Main" screen?

Thank you. Yes, my BenQ is screen 1

Attached is a screenshot of a random image, shown in Bridge, and in PS (ACR) - both of them SOOC with no adjustments.

The discrepancies in colour of the preview happened as soon as I calibrated my screen on this (new) computer for the first time.

Screenshot (42).png

The interesting phenomenon is that last week, it was in Bridge that the pictures looked muted, and more saturated in Photoshop. I haven't recalibrated in between, but i have used the display calibration little app you advised, to restore the calibration.

Ive been working on calibrated screens for 10 years now and this is the first time I'm having issues. Is it possible that it's an issue with my new computer? Possibly the graphics card?