< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

Display and Technology Type

The software should already know the name of the screen you're calibrating.  In this demonstration I'm using an ASUS laptop, but its screen is manufactured by Samsung, and Calibrite automatically knows this.

What it doesn't necessarily know is the technology type of your screen.  By default the drop-down menu beneath the screen name will be set to "White LED":

CCDM-01.thumb.png.ecf775be2f632392875d50a2dba05355.png

White LED is the most common screen lighting technology in the marketplace, but as you can see, it's definitely not the only one.  You must do some research to confirm what yours is.  I suggest starting at the manufacturer's website, but sometimes you'll need to do broader googling.

Trouble is, it can be a darn hard piece of info to uncover.  If you need my help please feel free to post in the comments below; but if both of us are stumped, you'll need to follow Calibrite's advice and leave it on "White LED", and hope for the best.

Match to >>

There didn’t seem to be much difference between the RGB LED and the White LED. 

I calibrated several times and my screen was always too cool even with the suggestions of changing the D values that you mention on your page with suggestions on what to try if the prints don’t match. I eventually changed settings within the screen’s built in settings and got everything to match. I wonder if my issue was some setting within the monitor that wasn’t allowing changes from the calibration device? Anyway they match now and that’s what I need. 😃 I just wanted to add my comment to help you help if they are struggling too. 

*my screen was on Adobe RGB, temp 6500K and of course too bright 

In order to save the changes on the monitor you have to remember to select the ✔️to save your changes. That’s easy to forget to do because it looks like you made the change but you didn’t actually save the change you made. 

So I eventually ended up changing the screen to sRGB, temp 5000k, and adjusted the brightness while I used the calibration tool. 

And my prints match  

I'm trying to calibrate with my calibrate display pro hl and the one thing I can't find is my "monitor type". I have an iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021). Chip Apple M1. Different sites are stating different things.  I have tried a few settings and nothing matches my prints.  Also, - Nothing looks "white" anymore - - everything is blue/grey/cool . . .out of curiosity . . . white color is the background of this page - not the blue part but the part I'm typing in now.

6 hours ago, jak5887 said:

I'm trying to calibrate with my calibrate display pro hl and the one thing I can't find is my "monitor type". I have an iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021). Chip Apple M1. Different sites are stating different things.  I have tried a few settings and nothing matches my prints.  Also, - Nothing looks "white" anymore - - everything is blue/grey/cool . . .out of curiosity . . . white color is the background of this page - not the blue part but the part I'm typing in now.

According to this page, probably GB-LED?

19 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

According to this page, probably GB-LED?

TY - I just ran that one.  My screen still seems really blue /cool - my prints are close w/ the colors but the whites are still off.  But I did read that you said Millers prints outdated 5000 WB so  I did order more test prints from 2 other labs so I will have more to compare it to.  . . . out of curiousity- what is the backround color of this page supposed to be?  Should it be pure white?