fix background

kletia

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to fix the background in photoshop. I know i can clone stamp, but i was curious if there was an easier way. I've tried to do that and because of the pattern on the quilt and the highlights and contrasts, it just doesn't end up looking right. I'd like the background to be the white quilt, or a new plain background all together.

DSC_3320.jpg

I agree with Crystal - the plausibility will be very difficult.

The only chance, as I see it, is if you have another photo or two of the quilt by itself, without any people in front of it.  Did you take any test shots of the setup before you assembled the people?

No, i can not reshoot. This was taken almost 1 year ago. It's me and my family (my daughter at the piano is now a year older). I tried to squeeze everyone in as best as i could, then jumped in the shot myself ( I'm the violin player). The other family members moved after i ran in. I can take some photos of the quilt by itself in the same location. How will i assemble it after i get the background alone?

Edited by kletia

45 minutes ago, kletia said:

I can take some photos of the quilt by itself in the same location.

Oh, that's great news!  Try to get the lighting similar if you can.

46 minutes ago, kletia said:

How will i assemble it after i get the background alone?

Well, it will be a fairly common matter of layers and masking.  We'll discuss that once you can show me the photos.