New Dell monitor

Can anyone with a Dell ultra sharp help me please...I know this is going to be a daft question but want to check before I send my monitor back,  the power button is just touching the power symbol down the bottom right yes?? I have just received my U2515H and the power led lit up when I first plugged it in for about a minute. I then had to go out for a few hours and by the time I returned to set it up the led was out and I can't get it to turn on. I know the power cable is working and it can be recognised as the 2nd monitor I'm just getting nothing from it...

10 minutes ago, Emmyrose said:

Can anyone with a Dell ultra sharp help me please...I know this is going to be a daft question but want to check before I send my monitor back,  the power button is just touching the power symbol down the bottom right yes??

I haven't used one for a while, but yes, I think that's right.

10 minutes ago, Emmyrose said:

and it can be recognised as the 2nd monitor

Can you explain this statement?

Thanks for the reply Damien. On my original monitor if I go into display settings it's detecting a second monitor present (the new one) so something is obviously working I'm just getting nothing on the screen and the power led isn't even lighting up. I'm just making sure I'm not being totally blonde before I send it back!

Support.Dell.Com

I'd try hooking the Display up to the computer and see if that helps. Pushing the power button with a upward motion might help. So instead of directly pushing forward, see if it will toggle up or towards the left. 

Hi Damien or Brian, sorry I know you must get sick of these questions but after much stuffing around my monitor was deemed faulty and they don't have any more in stock so are offering to replace it with this instead https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/buy/lg-29-219-2560x1080-full-hd-ultrawide-ips-led-gaming-monitor-29um68-p-lg/

Will this be any good or should I ask for a refund and get something else?