Canvas issues.

Before when I added a canvas edge to my image via Image:Canvas Size, it would make a transparent edge, with any of the old uncrossed version still showing. Which sometimes meant very little creating image to fill the canvas size. Now when I do it , it offers me canvas edge coloured; black,grey and white but no transparent! Driving me mad, please help.

So this is basically where i'm up too. I want to make the image up for a 36 inch by 20 inch canvas. Inside the blue lines is what I want the canvas to be, but I need a two inch edge for the wrap. What would be my next step please?

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 21.52.57.png

So this is what is happening when I crop to the size I want and add a 2 inch canvas edge. I want that to be transparent so I can see what i have to make up, if at all from the original uncropped version.

Edited by Markbd
spelling

Sorry if i'm not making sense. The blue guides were to give a rough idea. The image above is the correct crop and size but I need to fill the white edges so I have continuous image all the way around. I'm sure before when I did this, I could use what I had cropped of previously to fill in the white edges. Does this make more sense?

15 minutes ago, Markbd said:

Sorry if i'm not making sense. The blue guides were to give a rough idea. The image above is the correct crop and size but I need to fill the white edges so I have continuous image all the way around. I'm sure before when I did this, I could use what I had cropped of previously to fill in the white edges. Does this make more sense?

Sounds like you were cropping during editing? Don't do that. Use that tutorial of Damien's I linked above. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Markbd said:

So this is basically where i'm up too. I want to make the image up for a 36 inch by 20 inch canvas. Inside the blue lines is what I want the canvas to be, but I need a two inch edge for the wrap. What would be my next step please?

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 21.52.57.png

Save this as a PSD, and close it.

Then follow the canvas instructions, placing this file.

• Like 1