dodge and burn and composite tutorials

Roxy Clark

Hi @Damien Symonds! well first of all.. what have you done to me? 😂 I cannot watch people do the (artistic) edits the 'slow' way now! It's like watching the paint dry!

I have a couple of questions.. I am watching a tutorials on composites and noticed myself thinking 'should've used QBQ + levels here' etc etc.. watching it at 1.25 speed to make it more palatable.

So the first question is - do you have any tips on how to watch a tutorial and only pick up the 'good' stuff, without any bad habits? Just filtering through based on what I learned in here?

The second question is about dodge and burn. So many people use it in their videos but I don't think I've ever seen you use/mention it, so guessing you are not particularly fond of it? Do you ever use it? Is there an article/tutorial on it? Just making sure I skip the parts that I don't want 'infiltrating' my brain. Only the good stuff goes in there now lol. 

2 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Eventually you'll learn to stop watching stupid videos, and just come straight to me to get the correct answer.

Dodge and burn is very very important sometimes: https://www.damiensymonds.net/simple-dodge-and-burn-tutorial/

To be fair my patience is already running very short with them, so it won't be long! But I find it beneficial to see different ideas on composites and how people execute them. I am biding my time until I can get into levels advanced lol. And even crappy videos beat doing house work 😆

Thank you for the link!