Any problems with Sonoma 14.3

You have a M2 Mac. You are fine to upgrade. It's the Intel-based Macs, 2020 models and earlier, seem to have the most problems with the modern macOS.

Yep. You will need the latest version of PS to go with your new OS. Or just wait until Adobe releases another round of updates. 

If you update your Mac OS to the latest version of Sonoma, you will need to at least be on Photoshop Version 24.7.1, or better yet 24.7.2...which is Photoshop CC 2023. Check what version of PS that you have before upgrading anything. If you are on 24.7.2, you should be fine, but there still could be incompatibility issues forcing you to upgrade PS.

I don't have money for a new Mac right now, and refuse to upgrade since everything I have is working, so you are kinda on your own. I still on Big Sur, a 2017 iMac and PS CC 2023. :)

Found this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/photoshop-problems-with-sonoma/idi-p/14138192

Found this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/issue-photoshop-2024-with-mac-os-sonoma/idi-p/14134585

and found this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

From what I can tell, there isn't that much incompatibility, but I'm not going to lie to you and say you won't have goofy problems. Try it and find out. If something happens and there aren't any work-arounds / fixes, you might have to upgrade or downgrade.

Basically, if you have sessions to edit and photos to deliver to clients, please get those out the door & delivered first!!! DO NOT BE A MORON. Performing an OS Upgrade AND Photoshop Upgrade at the same time is risky. Sometimes nothing happens, other times a person is back in here begging for help because their computer went wonky and they need to deliver 23 Mini Sessions within a few days.

LOL, no, I won't be a moron and start this with sessions needing to be edited, but I stay busy.. sooooo. It's not a big deal; honestly, everything works fine. The only reason I wanted to upgrade to PS 2024 is because of the AI feature where hands, feet, and the harder stuff can be easily edited out. Especially the sessions where parents help spot a newborn, and we have hands to edit out. It would make editing go smoothly. I am not a fan of the AI world but it's here. Thank you for the links! 

Since you have a new M2 Mac, and everything is working fine, go ahead and upgrade Sonoma to the current version, then upgrade Photoshop; especially if you want all of the AI tool improvements. Report back if you have any issues, I'm curious.

On 1/30/2024 at 4:17 PM, Brian said:

I don't have money for a new Mac right now, and refuse to upgrade since everything I have is working, so you are kinda on your own. I still on Big Sur, a 2017 iMac and PS CC 2023. :)

I'm on a 2019 Macbook Pro and running Monterey and PS CC 2023 - Already turned off ALL PS updates. Should I stay on Monterey, as well? No more OS upgrading? (I came to ask, and saw this thread.) 

You could go to Ventura...but honestly? Why? To take advantage of the new macOS features, you need a new Mac to go with the latest OS. If things are working, and you aren't all in a tizzy about the latest AI shit from Adobe...Photoshop is still Photoshop. Layers are Layers, Levels are Levels, etc.

Eventually both you and i will be purchasing new Macs within the next 2 years. I'd be more worried about saving up for a new one than installing a new macOS...as tempting as it sounds. Believe me, I get it. The new macOS are really meant for the M1 / M2 / M3 Line of Macs, not the Intel-Based ones like we have. In my humble opinion...if we upgrade we are asking for weird problems to happen. :D

On 1/31/2024 at 7:25 AM, Brian said:

Since you have a new M2 Mac, and everything is working fine, go ahead and upgrade Sonoma to the current version, then upgrade Photoshop; especially if you want all of the AI tool improvements. Report back if you have any issues, I'm curious.

Everything is running fine :) 

• Thanks 1