Help with calibrator purchase

Hi Damien,

My new computer has arrived - Mac Studio with Studio Display. 

My old calibrator that I used on my iMac 2019 is most likely not going to work properly (had an old color munki), so I need to purchase a new one.

I have looked at your article on what to buy and unfortunately your main recommended ones are a bit over budget after spending what I could on the new computer 😬.

I was looking at the other 2 you recommended, Spyder X Pro and Calibrite Display SL. Is there one that you would recommend over the other for my screen? I would have loved to have picked one up this weekend (In brisbane, AUS) so I could start editing next week but doesn't appear that many places stock them. 

Thanks,

Tahnee

49 minutes ago, Tahnee Anne said:

My old calibrator that I used on my iMac 2019 is most likely not going to work properly (had an old color munki), so I need to purchase a new one.

Hang on, are you sure about that?  Have you tried it?

No 🙈. I’ll try it out tomorrow. I just thought that since it was an old one that it wouldn’t work with the new one. I’ll have to download i1 studio and see if it works with sonoma. 

I've done my calibration using my old calibrator but I'm not getting the desired results. 

First I used Native and 80 but it was on the cooler and brighter side. So I also tried luminance of 60 and tried each of the white points. The problem I'm finding, is that my prints look more green than my screen. My screen is more red. I also find that the brightness of my screen is always too bright if I match the target brightness. Whereas if I just lower the screen brightness down quite low, then it matches the brightness of my prints better. However, this means it is way below target. 

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. 
My screen is a new Studio Display. I'm using a xrite color munki and the ccstudio. 

I just went at it again and this time went with D75 and Lum 60. I think I missed d75 because it looks almost perfect. 

One more question though, where do I find all the saved profiles that I just made? They don't appear in the display settings. 

11 minutes ago, Tahnee Anne said:

I just went at it again and this time went with D75 and Lum 60. I think I missed d75 because it looks almost perfect.

Hey, that's great news!!!!

11 minutes ago, Tahnee Anne said:

One more question though, where do I find all the saved profiles that I just made? They don't appear in the display settings. 

I think Library > ColorSync > Profiles ?

39 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Hey, that's great news!!!!

I think Library > ColorSync > Profiles ?

No not in there. I have no idea where they are saving to.  I tried just searching the name I saved them as but nothing comes up 🤔