From phone photo to beautiful b&w

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

What aspect of the edit are you unclear on?

How does he mask the boy so impeccably?! (I know the boy is missing the right eyebrow, but I think that's done on purpose). Does he fill the 'background' with the black paint? On any particular light? 

And then the haze is removed completely ( I am just coming to that part in AL, so maybe I'll find my answer there). And the new image is just soo.. clear..how? (maybe that's a non question again). 

3 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

I don't know why you're so obsessed with this?  

Good question! I actually have no idea why!! Maybe because I am not that proficient in Photoshop and I'd really like to be. To be as comfortable in Photoshop as I am in Excel. 

3 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Thank you! I've seen you do this but have never attempted it myself just yet, so I guess that's my cue. 

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

By the way, here's your nerdy trivia for the day ... the word is "piqued".

Ha! Learn something new every day! Thanks for that Damien ☺️  You have probably guessed it by now, but English is not my first (actually it's my 4th but the one I speak the most these days) language, so I always seek to improve my grammar and vocabulary. Although my grammar sucks a bit, as at times I no longer know which way is right and which one is wrong, as it's all muddled up in my head 🤪

• Like 1