How to give images the wow factor?

I appreciate thismight not be the right forum for this question so please delete if you wish. I recently took what I think are some nice photos of my son in the new forest (UK). However I'm really struggling to figure out how to give my images the WOW factor. I can't seem to decide how to artistically edit them so they are really lovely images. I tried following the instructions for the muted background question asked on 7th oct as the image with her little boy is stunning. I feel them image has decent DOF so didnt do the first step in terms of blurring the background but have used a hue/saturation layer to bring out  the autumn colours in the trees and grass whilst masking it off the path and the subject. But i still feel its abit meh! Any advice would be apprieciated. Thank you.

The first image is SOOR.

EF9B4090.png

2016-11-03.png

How much would it b to join the deluxe class? I have done the standard levels class but my subscription ran out when my mum was ill n I was looking after her. 

OK, do you think you can help me take my photos to the next level artistically? will I be able to get help with knowing what to do with an image as well as techniques? the exchange rate is killing me!

If you want to do something artistic, you're already in the right place.  Post in this section and I'll help.

7 hours ago, Emzy said:

will I be able to get help with knowing what to do with an image as well as techniques?

Oh heck yes.  That's what it's all about.