Hi Brian,

I purchased an Epson xp-15000 printer mid-May to just print family/friend photos.  Not for good photos.  I keep getting horizontal lines when printing.  I have just been on the line with Epson and it has been determined it is not the printer, as documents print ok.  Preview and PS for printing continues to have horizontal lines.  I have PS 2022 and still haven't got my new computer.  Trying to hold off until about November due to $.  Is this problem have to do with my older computer/PS do you think?  Or should I just get Adobe on the line?  Thanks for your sage opinion/advice.

Yeah, does this only affect color documents and not black and white? Snap some photos with your phone and post them in this thread. I need to see some examples. On the surface, either something is clogged or the pump/purge assembly isn't operating as it should. It could also be an electrical contact issue and the contacts that the ink cartridges meet need to be cleaned. Or it could be a Photoshop issue.

Do you absolutely need color? How are the test prints?

Does this happen with other programs like Wordpad or Word? Maybe find some sort of Pie-Chart Example and put it in a Word Document. (Something Big) Then print it out. If it prints fine from MS Word (or similar program,) then we can most likely rule-out a Printer Problem and you might have to call Adobe. What about the Print Drivers? Are they up do date and are the correct ones?

1. Have you tried hitting the right arrow and just past "Settings" you should see "Maintenance."
  2. Select it and click "OK."
  3. Then arrow down to "Print Head Alignment" and look for "Horizontal Alignment."

If that doesn't fix things, you might have to go through Home --> Maintenance --> Then perform all the Print Head / Purge Tests. THEN do the Horizontal and Vertical Alignment. WARNING!! These procedures use up A LOT of ink. So have a spare set on hand.

Again, do you absolutely need color? Because if you don't a B&W Laser Printer is really the most economical way to go. Ink Jet Printers are a scam and a huge money-maker with the replacement cartridges.

well they are colour photos to give to friends and family.  so I think I need colour.  However, I get the lines in black & white and in colour. You can see them more easily in the colour but they are there in the b&w too.   Also, right now, I can't seem to get the rear feeder to work, so I am pulling my hair out in that regard too.  Ugh.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

Update:  1.  I got rear feeder to work by not using PS but using Preview function.  

2.  By putting image from PS to desktop and then opening it into Preview, I can then print it and holy cow, no lines now.  WTF. Seems printer does not play well with PS.  Since this printer is just for quick snaps, I will do this but any decent prints, I will be doing what Damien says and go to printer in the city.  I have spent hours today trying to figure this out and was really hoping I could use PS but it doesn't appear to be the case.  Thank you both.  Sigh....

• Like 1

The prints have excellent colour and brightness when printed from Preview.  Just like they look in PS.  When I tried to print from PS, the colour was a way off, in addition to the lines.

I don't think we need to, thanks.  It's not like these are works of art photos lol. I will be taking your Print course at some time and I know I won't be using this printer for that.  Thanks so much.

That seems to have got rid of lines.  Colour not quite right but doable.  Size not right but I don't know how to size image for paper...yet :)

That's right.  The dog closest to me is more brown than red now.  Also I think it isn't quite as bright as from Preview.

Ok.  Have done the printing.  Preview gives me perfect colour and brightness.  PS colour lacks red and is a wee bit not as bright.