Camera Raw Nikon D5500

dex

Recently upgraded to a Nikon D5500 (Which I LOVE, thanks for all the advice) as well as CS5 Master Suite and Lightroom 5.4 from CS4. I looked all over the internet, am I to assume there is no other work around for opening the NEF files other than converting them to DNG? I'm a RAW virgin and I feel like I'm speaking klingon trying to figure this out.  From what I see though there is no support yet? Unless I'm wrong?

CS6 will be needed at the very least to support the D5500. You are out of luck with CS4 or CS5. You have two options:

1. Use Adobe's DNG Converter Program
  2. Sign up for Adobe's Photoshop CC option, which runs you $9.99 /month, plus any applicable sales taxes.

If by some chance you stumble across a copy of CS6, that will support the D5500. Unfortunately, Adobe is slowly killing support for CS6. Soon it will go the way of CS5, CS4, CS3, etc. and be completely discontinued.

I am running CS5 and it doesn't support it either. I had to download the DNG converter, but that seems to be working great! Just takes awhile to convert =\

3 hours ago, Samantha LaRue said:

Yeah I just checked. You need camera raw 8.8 which is only for CS6 and CC.

Oops. Sorry about that. I sit corrected. I just edited my post. :)