Failing Photoshop Action

I created a photoshop action years ago that batch sharpens, resizes and saves files for use on the web.  I have never before had any trouble with this action in the past and have not recently made any changes to settings within photoshop.  Recently, when running the action I received the following error: "A command was canceled or stopped while batching. Continue with next file or stop?".  It appeared the action was being cancelled at the step where the file should be saved and closed which then causes the next file to be opened (all written into the action that has worked seamlessly previously).  I rewrote the action that day and resolved the problem.  After closing photoshop and opening it to begin work on another day, my new action has provided the same error.  

Any ideas what may be happening to cause this action to fail?

I have a Mac desktop running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and Photoshop CS5. It is over 2 years old, and has 16GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 160GB free out of 500GB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I rarely run a cleanup program.

So I played around with it some more and ultimately deleted the action from my computer.  I went back to just start fresh and I now can't rebuild it.  I am playing an action within the action I am trying to create and for some reason it won't record the initial action I'd like to play within it.  When I hit play on the initial action while recording, it completes the task as expected, however it's not written into the new action.