High Noise

Brandicm

Hi Damien

Is there anything else I can do to help this photo?  I was a second shooter for a very low lit wedding.  Both the main photographer and myself were shooting at ISO 5000.  Bride's mother did not want additional lighting.  With that said, I want to do my best with what I have.  Most images will be used for an album.  Bride's mother does want some prints.  I've attached a crop of before and after and screen shots of my raw editing and read your tutorial on noise.  I can take my luminance slider up more but then the people begin to look plastic.  Can I do anything else?

IMG_5805after.jpg

IMG_5805before.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.06.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 3.07.00 PM.png

Thanks.  Once I redo the luminance sliders, should I do unsharp mask in PS after my editing is complete?

I took your raw class a few years ago.  I'm saving money for the sharpening and skin classes.

I reviewed module 11 and started going through the others.  Thanks for putting it in a handy flow chart.  I had the steps written in a notebook and moving twice since then, I have not found the notebook.  Here is a crop of my new after edit.  It looks better than the garbage I posted yesterday.  Thank you.

IMG_5805edit after.jpg