Importing Photos into Lightroom 3

Is there a way to get Lightroom to import Jpegs that also have RAW files? For some reason, I can't even convert these with the DNG converter, so I'm just stuck, short of putting them in separate folders. I hope this makes sense! I feel like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I don't know what in the world I'm doing differently!

Just to be sure I'm tracking with you -- you shot RAW+JPG, so now you have files that have both a JPG and a RAW version, and now you want to import the JPGs into LR as well as the RAW files?

If so -- why??

You wouldn't convert JPGs with a DNG converter.  You'd simply import them -- sounds like you need to change a setting or two in your import.  But again, why do you want to import both the JPG and the RAW file into your LR catalog?

I rarely use Photoshop. I'm trying to decide if I should do CC or just upgrade my LR and use the Photoshop Elements I already own. Not ideal, but cheaper. :) Hence, why I'm just working with what I have, currently.

3 minutes ago, Hazelnut85 said:

My LIghtroom is so old, it can't handle the RAW files from my current camera. Which is the only reason I'm shooting in Jpeg & RAW.

No no no no no -- shooting in JPG is ****not**** a solution to this problem!  Unless you're an amazing rockstar photographer who 100% NAILS IT with the exposure and white balance in camera 100% of the time, this is a terrible decision. :(

Just convert your raw files to DNG.  Or are you saying that your DNG converter can't convert your camera's raw files?  Because that's another and likely much simpler problem to solve.

Okay. :)  I actually didn't even realize that (converting my files) was an option until recently. The perils of being self taught from the internet. So that is what I've been doing now. But for some reason the files from November on aren't readable by the DNG converter. I JUST downloaded it, so I'm pretty certain I have the most recent version. In all honesty, I didn't know until very recently how to even work on my RAW files. So much to learn.