Saving files to CMYK and file format.

Lets say you have taken some photos, clean processed them in camera raw, made them into masterpieces in photoshop and are using them in a printed brochure. You have the clean processed raw file, master srgb .psd file. You convert them to the CMYK profile provided by the printer, then which file format do you save them to place them in Indesign for the brochure? I have read many printers websites and they want CMYK tif files. Advice appreciated. 

I will be doing the InDesign work. So you have a folder with the clean processed raw files, a folder with the srgb levels work .psd and another folder with the CMYK quality 10 JPEG files and another folder with the InDesign document. If you wanted to cut out a photo you could still save it as a CMYK JPEG and place it in InDesign and use the cut out still?

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate it. Would I follow this method every time I am sending files to print with copy and images? I am asking because where I used to work they used to straight away convert the SRGB file to CMYK in photoshop and said to always do that as printers "know" if you have let the PDF convert to CMYK.

8 hours ago, EmmaBrett said:

I am asking because where I used to work they used to straight away convert the SRGB file to CMYK in photoshop and said to always do that as printers "know" if you have let the PDF convert to CMYK.

This is exactly the kind of stupidity one comes to expect.

Yes, always do it this way.

It seems to me that a lot of design agency and printers don't do it your way. The "proper" way there seems to be a lot of things in the design industry that aren't being done the "right" way I am glad that I am learning the right way from you! Right back to the levels class!