how to edit newborn hairs

cathm

I'm so sorry Cath, I don't know of a way to truly get rid of it.  All I can suggest is duplicating the Background layer and running a Surface Blur filter to blur it out, then reduce the opacity of that layer to find a balance that's plausible.  Reduction, not removal.

Similar question.. I soften the baby's hairs , however, the mom wants me to remove them completely.. Is the best way to do this to use brush 10%? and paint around the area with hairs?

Damien.jpg

The best I can offer is Dust & Scratches filter at 15/6.  That will get rid of the strongest hair, but plausibly leave the lighter hair remaining.

10 minutes ago, cathm said:

Also, what is the best way to fix the overexposed skin?

By not overexposing it.  Go back to raw if necessary.

Thanks, Damien!

What I do in RAW?  I use lightroom. do I just adjust the exposure slider?

Also, iIs there any other way than gong back to RAW as I already finished retouching the image?

2 minutes ago, cathm said:

What I do in RAW?  I use lightroom. do I just adjust the exposure slider?

I guess so.

2 minutes ago, cathm said:

Also, iIs there any other way than gong back to RAW as I already finished retouching the image?

No.  If you have overexposed skin, start again.

I have another question.. when I do batch process precessing in Photoshop, It won't allow me to check compatibility Mac OS.  I am able to check Windows and UNIX only.

I am wondering if my client will be able to open the files if they have Mac.  Do you know the answer?

Hi Damien!

Thank you again for your help!  This is what I got and I hope the mom will be happy =)

Greatly appreciate it.

BTW, I only give jpg giles to my clients.   I was trying to batch process using action and save the files in jpg.

Damien.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cathm said:

Thank you again for your help!  This is what I got and I hope the mom will be happy =)

Damien.jpg

I hope so too.  She seems a bit unreasonable to me.

9 hours ago, cathm said:

BTW, I only give jpg giles to my clients.   I was trying to batch process using action and save the files in jpg.

I still don't understand where you were seeing that option?

2 hours ago, cathm said:

When resizing to 600x900 for web (for blog / Facebook), what should the jpg quality be?  0-12?

For FB, 11 or 12.  For your blog, check with your host to see what they recommend, but generally around 9 or 10 should be fine.

Also, don't resize to 600x900 for FB -- that's not one of the FB-supported sizes.  Choose 720, 960, or 2048 on the long edge.

(Likewise for your blog -- resize your images to the exact size of the web display.)

• Like 1

I have another question.

What is the best way to  retouch the color of the light skin tone around the wrist to match with the arm color?

Hue Saturation?  I will take some red/ purple out from the hand..

Damien.jpg