Good morning, Damien et alia! I just watched your tutorial video on the Wacom tablet in which you describe the basic differences between a mouse and the Wacom pen. I have a medium-sized tablet with buttons on the left-hand side. I've had it for over a year, and, because I am change-phobic, I've been putting off learning how to use it. What is the best way to become adept at using the tablet and pen? I've had people recommend playing computer games (solitaire, poker, etc.), and others who've recommended pulling up an image and playing with the Wacom that way. Do you have a recommendation?

Also, you used your keyboard to select Photoshop "functions" for the pen. Do you recommend that over setting up the tablet for Photoshop shortcuts? (To be honest, I really want to follow the K.I.S.S. model, here. My brain is already on overload.)

Thanks, in advance, for your advice. I've enjoyed your classes and responses to previous questions, and I've learned tons! (Hence the brain overload!)

7 hours ago, LSSmith said:

Good morning, Damien et alia! I just watched your tutorial video on the Wacom tablet in which you describe the basic differences between a mouse and the Wacom pen. I have a medium-sized tablet with buttons on the left-hand side. I've had it for over a year, and, because I am change-phobic, I've been putting off learning how to use it. What is the best way to become adept at using the tablet and pen? I've had people recommend playing computer games (solitaire, poker, etc.), and others who've recommended pulling up an image and playing with the Wacom that way. Do you have a recommendation?

I agree with both of those things.  It's just time, honestly.  The more you do it, the easier it will feel.

7 hours ago, LSSmith said:

Also, you used your keyboard to select Photoshop "functions" for the pen. Do you recommend that over setting up the tablet for Photoshop shortcuts?

Yeah, I've never bothered with the shortcut keys.  I just use my tablet as a mouse replacement, not also as a keyboard replacement.