Intense sunset/sunrise colors

Other than OCF (which is a pain at the beach, especially with no assistant) I'd like to enhance an existing sky at sunset or sunrise. I've played with Hue/Sat, Channel Mixer and Color Balance layers, but perhaps I'm not using a light enough touch, I keep getting either nuclear colors or effects so faint it's hardly worth doing. I'm pretty sure this style is achieved from an existing sky, rather than a replaced one (or adjustments done to a sky image used for replacement). These colors are a touch stronger than I'm trying to get but the idea is the same:

http://kansaspitts.com/hughes-family-sunset-beach-pictures-on-30-a-in-south-walton/

Is this same one of mine viable for comparison?

LeviBeachJune2017-13SOOR.jpg

OK then...

I grabbed the second one from an older computer, what is lacking there?

And is the first photo unacceptable since we used it for the other thread? I have others from the same set.

8 hours ago, tropicmom said:

OK then...

I grabbed the second one from an older computer, what is lacking there?

https://www.damiensymonds.net/training.html

8 hours ago, tropicmom said:

And is the first photo unacceptable since we used it for the other thread? I have others from the same set.

I already told you ...

On 05/07/2017 at 6:50 AM, Damien Symonds said:

I'll need you to either ...

• Provide a different photo of your own that has the sun in it, like the example photo; or
  • Provide a different example photo with the sun behind you, like your photo.

3 minutes ago, tropicmom said:

What a lovely photo.

Now, can you provide one of your own that's lit the same?   Please notice that the linked photo has NO shadows falling on the sand from the subjects, so it must have been taken after the sun had set (or before it had risen).