Calibration

I am on my 4th time calibrating...this stinks! I think my monitor looked better before I calibrated. I noticed my pics with black in them had some other funky coloring. I thought it was facebook, so I looked at my images in fast stone and those with black in them had some funky coloring. I followed your directions to the letter, I knew that was important. LCD screen and CCFl, i called Dell to be sure. Also, windows 10 has color calibration. Am I able to calibrate that way? Hope this makes sense; I am tired. Will try more tomorrow.

1 minute ago, DonnaJames said:

My prints actually looked closer to the screen before I calibrated.....Can someone else looking at my prints online tell if my monitor has been calibrated?

What, by taking a picture of your prints and posting them online?  Nope. :)

So -- how do your prints differ from your screen?  Fill in these blanks: my screen is [warmer/cooler] and [brighter/darker] than my prints.

And what do you mean by "funky colors"?  

My prints are just a bit brighter, which I like (am use to). Thank you for your help! In numerous pics , people are wearing black. After I calibrated, the blacks had splashes of a wine  (burgundy)color throughout them. I thought it was maybe Facebook, but it wasn't because I looked through some of my pics that weren't posted on FB and the same thing. So I re-calibrated using my software and got rid of the splotches. I'll try again to re-calibrate using the hardware.

Can you see the awful discoloration ? I could not move my contrast bar or brightness bar. I have buttons for contrast and brightness and was able to follow the instructions, but I was never able to move that bar one way or the other. I probably do need a new monitor. I may not be explaining myself very well. I am going to factory reset and try one more time.

What model screen do you have?  (What company made it, and what are the numbers and letters in the monitor's name?)

Then do a search for that model on Amazon or Best Buy or something similar, and post a link to the monitor's listing there.