Jump to content
Dasha

Corrupt Files

Recommended Posts

HI, I seem to be having some problems with  my images corrupting today, getting quite worried my imac is dying! This happened to 3 photos today, one i edited months ago (was fine then)  went to crop for print today and bam! Plus 2 more from todays session. Ones from todays session were stored on my external harddrive and edited form there and the old one was on my internal. any advice please? 

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 21.49.28.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Mac desktop running High Sierra  and Photoshop Cc. It is over 2 years old, and has 24GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 604GB free out of 999GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I run a cleanup program about once a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dasha said:

I have a Mac desktop running High Sierra  and Photoshop Cc. It is over 2 years old, and has 24GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 604GB free out of 999GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I run a cleanup program about once a month.

That all sounds good.

1 hour ago, Dasha said:

one i edited months ago (was fine then)  went to crop for print today and bam!

After this happened, did you immediately close the file, then open it again to see if the same thing happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dasha said:

Ones from todays session were stored on my external harddrive and edited form there

Please try not to edit on externals.  That's fraught with risk.  Externals are only for backup and long-term storage.

Were you cropping when these ones had their problems too?  Or were you doing something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Please try not to edit on externals.  That's fraught with risk.  Externals are only for backup and long-term storage.

Were you cropping when these ones had their problems too?  Or were you doing something else?

Ok got it. Will stick to internal :) No those were in camera raw when it happened. As soon as opened. But tbf the older shot could’ve gone wrong in acr as well today, I just didn’t noticed because I opened a batch and took them straight to ps. Which is when I noticed the problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, one of them from today was fine first time i took it to acr. Went wrong when I went back to it. So I’m guessing it’s not my card that’s messed up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure. I don’t do anything else when transferring. Plus the old one was on computer for awhile and was grand until I opened it again  yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries, thanks for trying 😊 I just really hope it’s not my HDD 😫 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...