Corrupt Files

HI, I seem to be having some problems with  my images corrupting today, getting quite worried my imac is dying! This happened to 3 photos today, one i edited months ago (was fine then)  went to crop for print today and bam! Plus 2 more from todays session. Ones from todays session were stored on my external harddrive and edited form there and the old one was on my internal. any advice please? 

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 21.49.28.png

I have a Mac desktop running High Sierra  and Photoshop Cc. It is over 2 years old, and has 24GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 604GB free out of 999GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I run a cleanup program about once a month.

58 minutes ago, Dasha said:

I have a Mac desktop running High Sierra  and Photoshop Cc. It is over 2 years old, and has 24GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 604GB free out of 999GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I run a cleanup program about once a month.

That all sounds good.

1 hour ago, Dasha said:

one i edited months ago (was fine then)  went to crop for print today and bam!

After this happened, did you immediately close the file, then open it again to see if the same thing happened?

1 hour ago, Dasha said:

Ones from todays session were stored on my external harddrive and edited form there

Please try not to edit on externals.  That's fraught with risk.  Externals are only for backup and long-term storage.

Were you cropping when these ones had their problems too?  Or were you doing something else?

7 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

Please try not to edit on externals.  That's fraught with risk.  Externals are only for backup and long-term storage.

Were you cropping when these ones had their problems too?  Or were you doing something else?

Ok got it. Will stick to internal :) No those were in camera raw when it happened. As soon as opened. But tbf the older shot could’ve gone wrong in acr as well today, I just didn’t noticed because I opened a batch and took them straight to ps. Which is when I noticed the problem.