Calibration profile not recognized by my computer

If I click on my profile the yellow/greenish color goes away but my profile keeps defaulting back to the laptop.  I was reading a little and saw where sometimes Windows will override my profile.  I thought I would try this suggestion that I will attach.  What do you think.  I get so nervous messing around with technical stuff.2016-05-07 (1).png

I will attach two shots.  The first one is the one it defaults back to.  The second one is when i make the changes to use the HP monitor and the profile I set up with calibration.  I keep changing and it keeps going back to the first one.

2016-05-07 (2).png

2016-05-07 (3).png

Sorry I was not clear above, I only choose the TOGGLE and my profile in the DisplayProfile window.  What is confusing to me, is that Windows does not recognize the monitor as the display even when I choose it and set it as a default.  Windows defaults back to the laptop display, which is not calibrated.  I only edit on the HP monitor so that is the one that I have a profile for that I made.  Even when I use the TOGGLE in the DisplayProfile window, there is not a change on the monitor when I click on my profile.  I remember reading that windows may default the profile if it goes to sleep, so I always go to the DisplayProfile window if that happens and I don't see any change when clicking back to my profile.  Then I check the Color Management, above attachements, and sure enough, the laptop display is what is being used.  At least that is what it appears to me.  When it says Generic PNP monitor, is that not the laptop?  At least it is not the HP monitor?

From my understanding all that screen is showing you is the different devices connected to your computer. Not necessarily which one is the main display is active. (And my computer doesn't show either of my displays when I go to that screen, only my printers)

I'm curious though. When you think your laptop isn't applying the correct profile to your monitor - do you ever take out your test prints and compare them to the screen to confirm that it is in fact different than what you have calibrated it to?

Thank you Samantha and Damien.  Yes Samantha, I did check some prints and actually thought they were fairly close.  They were a little darker but the colors looked good.  I will ignore the above window.  I was hung up on it as I hired a computer geek to come to my office and help me figure out why the monitor was not being recognized.  She did figure that out which I posted the fix for that above as well.  She was concerned why the monitor did not stay as the one I picked in this window.  So as long as the TOGGLE works and my prints are looking good, I will stop stressing over this.  Can't thank you enough for your time and knowledge.