Saving files from LR to edit later in PS

Hi, I edit all the good photos for the clients in LR and export them as PSD (and Jpg to show them) so I can edit them later in PS after the client has chosen their pictures. I have read in one of your articles that I do not have to save as 16 bits but that 8 are enough. My other question is: is 300 as a resolution per inch enough or should I choose more? Anything else to pay attention to? Thanks so much!

8654BA93-9891-42F8-B055-DE285E2BD31A.png

46 minutes ago, Flipper196 said:

Hi, I edit all the good photos for the clients in LR and export them as PSD (and Jpg to show them) so I can edit them later in PS after the client has chosen their pictures.

This is very unwise.  Saving PSD files before you even know if you'll edit them is just chewing up your hard drive space for no purpose.  I urge you to stop this practice.  Just export the web-resolution jpegs to show the client, then go back and make PSDs only of the ones they choose.

47 minutes ago, Flipper196 said:

I have read in one of your articles that I do not have to save as 16 bits but that 8 are enough.

That's correct, 8-bit is enough in almost all cases.  The only photos which need 16-bit are ones that you know you'll be doing quite aggressive tonal edits to in Photoshop (for example very hazy backlit photos).

48 minutes ago, Flipper196 said:

My other question is: is 300 as a resolution per inch enough or should I choose more?

Actually, as strange as it seems, the resolution is completely irrelevant.  You can choose 300, or 72, or 24, or 11, or 5, it honestly doesn't matter a damn.

Yeah sounds right, the psd files take up space but it is easier because they all have the same number as the jpgs then and I just have to open the psd file that has the same number (sequence numbers like 'client name 1') as the jpg file. Otherwise the raw file would ave a totally different name as jpg file. Do you have a good tip how to do it differently a. Some pics just look very similar and it would take more time to find out which pictures they want...thanks so much!

I don't think so. When I upload the raw files they have a random number. Like 3637354 or something. So I rename them to 1,2 etc as jpg and psd file. Makes it easier for clients and myself. What is an easier way? I will look into Bridge.