Full hardisk Drive C

I noticed that Adobe Bridge and Photoshop are on this drive. Im guessing thats why its so full? How do I fix this without screwing up my photos/locations? When I right click it does NOT give me the option to move it to the "D" drive..... I have no idea what Bonjour is, is that deletable? and when I took up McAfee, it barely freed up anything (I have since re-installed). Its to the point my computer is acting up, such as Ill only single click on a photo in bridge and it will still act as if  I double clicked and open it up in photoshop. Thank you for your time, Brian.

Computer.JPG

programfilesinCdrive.JPG

Hi Kendra, have you run WinDirStat to get a good visual view of what's taking up the most space?

Also, have you run CleanUp! to make sure all the useless clutter has gone?

5 minutes ago, Kendra said:

I noticed that Adobe Bridge and Photoshop are on this drive. How do I fix this without screwing up my photos/locations?

No, you're mixing Bridge up with Lightroom.  Bridge can be anywhere, and nothing gets messed up.

However, I wouldn't recommend moving Bridge (please understand that I am no Brian, I'm just filling in time until he gets here).  Instead, I recommend making a new folder on your D drive called "Bridge Cache Don't Delete" or whatever; then in Bridge, go to Edit>Preferences and to the Cache tab.  In there, you'll see where you can choose to have your cache folder.  Choose the new folder on your D drive.  By default, its cache is probably on C, and that hurts a bit.  Also, while you're in that window, hit "Compact Cache".

• Like 1

The bottom line is this, even though you have a fast SSD drive, it’s only 256GB and is microscopic by today’s standards. You need at least a 500GB for a C Drive these days, preferably 1TB or larger. 

As windows and software updates get pushed down, your space gets less and less. In addition, with a 256GB drive, only programs can be stored in it. Absolutely no image files whatsoever. They go on your D drive. 

• Like 1

I did what you said Damien. Restarted Computer, then downloaded the WinDireStat (screenshot) no idea how to interpret it. Also here is what drives look like now. My mouse/ computer is still acting up. Ill click once on a photo in bridge, and it acts like I double clicked and open it in photoshop! Ive tried 2 different mouses, one is wireless. Ive decreased mouse sensitivity, still does it. Acts odd when trying to do screenshots as well. It seemed to start acting up more with the wireless mouse so I went back to my old one but still having same issue. It must be computer? I dont know.

winstrat.JPG

newnew.JPG

By moving images from C to D drive do you mean this? I did the following of what you said:

"However, I wouldn't recommend moving Bridge (please understand that I am no Brian, I'm just filling in time until he gets here).  Instead, I recommend making a new folder on your D drive called "Bridge Cache Don't Delete" or whatever; then in Bridge, go to Edit>Preferences and to the Cache tab.  In there, you'll see where you can choose to have your cache folder.  Choose the new folder on your D drive.  By default, its cache is probably on C, and that hurts a bit.  Also, while you're in that window, hit "Compact Cache". "

beyond this I do not know how to move the images? I am terrified of messing something up.

Now, when you hover your mouse over that massive green area,  and look in the very bottom left corner of the screen, it will tell you what kind of file it is, and where.

For example, on mine, I've hovered over a big folder and found it's a set of raw files that Nicole sent me:

windir.thumb.jpg.9f74006f61908e52601c9d396feefea4.jpg

Can you tell us what your huge green area is?

• Like 1

Yep, that's what I thought.

Have you done this?

On 1/28/2018 at 11:00 AM, Damien Symonds said:

I recommend making a new folder on your D drive called "Bridge Cache Don't Delete" or whatever; then in Bridge, go to Edit>Preferences and to the Cache tab.  In there, you'll see where you can choose to have your cache folder.  Choose the new folder on your D drive.

• Like 1