Mastin Lab Look

Is there any way I could download the PSD file in the thread "How to achieve the Mastin Lab look", which seems to have expired?

This is my first post, so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section. Thank you!

Thank you so much!! Please forgive my ignorance, but I've been playing around with the Hue/Saturation 1 layer for this, and can't for the life of me figure out what you adjusted for it (other than the soft light).  Am I missing something, or is it just something "hidden"? I really appreciate your time and help.

Edited by grnsun85

Yes, I found the master menu changes for Hue/sat 2, but didn't see anything different for hue/sat 1 other than the soft light to the layer. I can't get my version and your version to match when I recreate it. It's close enough though, so I'm happy!

On 1/29/2018 at 8:57 AM, Damien Symonds said:

Sorry, yes, the only change on the first layer is the blend mode.  To add midtone contrast.  That doesn't have to be a Hue/Sat layer, a Levels layer would have worked just as well.

I know I could go and check for myself but are these the only 2 adjustment layers you can use for midtone contrast Damien?

Oh, no, lots can.  Curves and Brightness/Contrast can do it with their actual functions, or simply by leaving their functions untouched and changing their blend mode.

And lots of others can do it with the blend mode.  Exposure, Vibrance, Color Balance, Channel Mixer, Selective Color.

The ones that can't are ones that automatically apply some change to the photo's appearance.  Photo Filter and Black And White.

Gradient Map can also do it, but it's a bit different.

• Like 1