Jump to next slide >>

Software versions

I’ve tried to fill this class with screenshots from new and old versions of Bridge, on both PC and Mac, to try to cater a little for everyone. I’m sure you’ll notice the slightly different interfaces as you’re reading along, but they won’t make any difference to your learning experience. Bridge’s features are the same on both PCs and Macs, and the fundamentals haven’t changed across versions over the years.

If you have an older version of Photoshop, you’ll also have the equivalent version of Bridge that came with it. The news that the very latest version of Bridge is freely available might have tempted you to upgrade, but unless there’s a specific feature you need, I don’t really advise this. It works okay for some people, but there are known instances of new Bridge not working seamlessly with older Photoshop. Old Bridge is awesome, and if yours is co-existing with Photoshop just fine, I suggest sticking with it and avoiding risk of hassles.

Getting it >>

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, FidoPhoto said:

I have CS6 and Bridge works fine, but I have to convert the raw files from my new camera to DNG before Bridge can read them. I'm thinking it might be worth downloading the new version. What do you think?

No, that has nothing to do with Bridge.  That relates to your Photoshop version.  Newer Bridge wouldn't solve that problem.

• Thanks 1