graphics processor error in bridge

Hi Damien - I was working on a jpeg image in ACR (raw not available on the underwater camera I was using) and got the following error message (1st image). Called Dell (bc I have premium support through them), and he updated the driver. After it was updated, I went back to bridge to pull up the same image, and I got another error message (2nd image). I hit ok and went to the camera raw preferences dialog and got the following options (3rd image). I did indeed click on use graphics processor. Seems to be working now, but my first question is - is all this ok? 

2nd question while I'm in this menu - under the general section - there's a box that says "apply sharpening to all images" and the scroll down option is to "preview images only."  Which one should I have checked?

3rd question - under the camera raw cache, it has the max size set to 1GB. I thought I read somewhere that if you lower this, it will speed bridge up - not sure if I read it here or somewhere else. Should I leave this where it is?

Thanks!

Capture Camera Raw Preferences graphics processor3 nvidia error.JPG

Capture Camera Raw Preferences graphics processor2.JPG

Capture Camera Raw Preferences graphics processor.JPG

2 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Seems to be working now, but my first question is - is all this ok? 

Yes.  It's absolutely fine to leave all Graphics Processor stuff turned off.

2 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

2nd question while I'm in this menu - under the general section - there's a box that says "apply sharpening to all images" and the scroll down option is to "preview images only."  Which one should I have checked?

I think it should be on "all images".  I don't think it's a good idea to have a difference between preview and output, if you know what I mean.

4 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

3rd question - under the camera raw cache, it has the max size set to 1GB. I thought I read somewhere that if you lower this, it will speed bridge up - not sure if I read it here or somewhere else. Should I leave this where it is?

How many hard drives do you have on your computer?  I have left my cache at 1GB, but made a cache folder on D drive instead, so it doesn't interfere with the programs running on C drive.  I don't know how technically correct this is, but it seems to work ok for me.

6 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Yes.  It's absolutely fine to leave all Graphics Processor stuff turned off.

I think it should be on "all images".  I don't think it's a good idea to have a difference between preview and output, if you know what I mean.

How many hard drives do you have on your computer?  I have left my cache at 1GB, but made a cache folder on D drive instead, so it doesn't interfere with the programs running on C drive.  I don't know how technically correct this is, but it seems to work ok for me.

I have three. The Seagate barracuda is an extra installed hard drive (which Brian had suggested when I purchased the computer components) and then external portable dell. I am probably not using the barracuda correctly (or as Brian had intended), and I work on my files on the portable Dell. So maybe that is the problem of Bridge running somewhat slow for me.

Capture hard drives.JPG